92Y Young Leaders Series
High School Poetry Program
High school students in 92Y’s Young Leaders Series consider the place of poetry in everyday lives, poetry as an outlet for reflection and healing, and how to find the language to express yourself.
Through classroom sessions with their 92Y teaching artists, students will be introduced to the work of several contemporary poets, including the work of US Poet Laureate Joy Harjo whom students will have the opportunity to meet in an online event on May 24, 2022. Students and teachers will receive complimentary copies of one of Joy Harjo’s recent collections of poetry.
Each participating class receives:
- Eight workshops with a dedicated 92Y teaching artist
- Participation in an exclusive virtual conversation and reading with Joy Harjo on May 24, 2022
- Original curriculum materials for partnering classroom teachers
- Complimentary copies of one of Joy Harjo’s recent collections of poetry
- The opportunity for student work to be published in an anthology produced by 92Y
To register for this digital-track program that includes eight online lessons with a 92Y Teaching Artist, plus a real-time Zoom meeting with Joy Harjo on May 24, visit https://www.92y.org/class/joy-...